nvidia or amd graphics card?

For a gaming desktop should I use a NVIDIA 650 Ti or AMD radeon 7850?

Comments

• First off, the notion that Intel processor work better with Nvidia cards while AMD processors work better with AMD cards is complete, utter nonsense. Both Nvidia and AMD cards are equally compatible with any processor, regardless of manufacturer.

Depending upon your budget and which games you play most often, either and AMD or Nvidia card might be the best choice. In general, AMD cards offer better value for the dollar- especially in the under $100 category. Equivalent-performance Nvidia cards tend to cost a little more. So AMD's big advantage is bang/buck. On the other hand Nvidia has better, more stable drivers and only Nvidia cards provide hardware level PhysX support.

Between those two cards, the Radeon HD 7850 is better than the GeForce GTX 650 Ti.

http://www.techspot.com/review/583-nvidia-geforce-...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6359/the-nvidia-gefo...

• Well, it depends on the kind of PC you have. If you have an Intel PC, then the Nvidia graphics card is the obvious choice, and vice versa.

Now to answer your question, I personally have found the AMD graphics cards to deliver slightly higher performance than the Nvidia equivalent, however, the difference is so small, the only place where you will really see it is in the Benchmarks.

Cost-wise, if you want to spend less, I'd go with the Radeon (AMD chips are much cheaper than the Intel equivalent). I hope that answered your question!

• in line including your possibilities yet nVidia updates their driver extra regularly than AMD. I recommend an nVidia gtx 560 ti. which will burn through some thing on optimal settings. or in case you want a more most competitively priced one elect the nVidia gtx 550 ti. Its nevertheless remarkable and could probably be able to play some thing on the optimal settings as well.

• It seems to me ati radeon is better than nvidia for game

• The radeon is a lot better. I would go with that. unless you would be considering getting a gtx 660