Windows 10 License?

I bought a Dell notebook with Windows 10, with the product key in hardware. Would you like to know if it is possible to stop using this license on this Dell to use it on another computer? Note: I will delete Windows 10 from Dell.

Comments

• OEM licenses tend to be tied to the computer, so likely not.

• As long as a product key is bound with the hardware, it is not transferable, it does not matter if you delete Windows 10 from the Dell computer or not.

In your case, you need to purchase a digital windows 10 product key and use it to activate your unactivated copy of Windows 10.

• No it is Dell OEM, another Dell could take it, I say could but not able to this case, you say it is stored within its EFI firmware chip and belonged to this machine.

• No. Dell uses an OEM license that is locked to that notebook's hardware. Attempting to use that key on a different computer will fail because the hardware check will fail. (in fact it'll tell you "You appear to be using a Dell license on a non-Dell computer...")

• No, OEM versions of Windows (meaning the OS that comes pre-installed) are bound to the hardware. Only with retail copies (sold separately from hardware on a CD or USB drive) can you transfer from one PC to another.

• no it wont work, the licence key is NOT transferable from one computer to another, Microsoft already know what hardware is in your computer and wont activate windows 10 if you try to use the key from a different computer on it - they wont care that you have deleted it from the dell computer

• You are going to have to get a key reader and read the key put it on a piece of paper and then install the exact same copy of Windows on the other computer and put the key in when it asks for it it's probably not going to activate by internet you're probably going to have to call the support line and have them remote into your computer to activate it

• Probably not. The hardware configuration is how they determine if it is a legal copy

• No. That's an OEM version of the OS. The license is tied to the original hardware.