Is COSCO a good car seat brand?

We got one last night and this is our first baby.I was just wondering if anyone had used this brand before and how it is :)

Update:

thanks all.yeah I am going to get him one of those head support things :)

Comments

• so long as it meets all the standard safety ratings (which all car seats must meet in order to be sold anyway), fits properly for your vehicle and fits your budget then its fine.

If it doesnt have the extra cushioning and head supports then you can buy one like this one....

http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Snuzzler-Comple...

or this

http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Noggin-Support-Brown-W...

• Surprisingly, the Cosco Scenera is a top-rated seat right up there with Britax! Our boys were in an side-impact accident, the older boy was age 3 and rear-facing in the Touriva (similar to the Cosco), the baby was in an Evenflo Triumph 65. Both seats and both boys were fine. We have a car business, we lent out one of our cars with the Cosco Scenera inside. The man was side-swiped at the light flipping the car. We had three across, and the Cosco looked OK (we did get a new seat). The seat is great for a 'spare', and will be safe if installed correctly. In the truck, just make sure the airbag is turned off when her seat is in. We had one in the middle of our S-10 Chevy truck. We get our seats checked for fit through our local health dept.

• I really don't like the Cosco brand. They seem cheaply made and the straps twist like CRAZY! My niece had an Eddie Bauer (made by the same company, same with Safety First brand) and it was horrible, and good luck using it rear facing!! My sister had it for about a week and returned it, it was awful! I wouldn't recommend the Cosco, Safety first, Eddie Bauer brands to anyone!! I like Graco, i would recommend that, Evenflo is also a good brand!

• The Cosco Scenera has excellent safety ratings. It is, however, not padded much. Functionality- great, comfort- I guess it depends on your little one's preferences.

• that's the brannd of my daughters carseat. I haven't had any problems although the straps are hard to loosen up once you tighten them for when the baby is a newborn. But i've had no other issues. =)