manny pacquiao vs. oscar dela hoya match this december?

there are rumors that manny pacquiao and oscar dela hoya will slug it out this december. After his match with mayweather this september. Oscar plans to fight pacquiao in december. Manny pacquiao willing also to fight the golden boy. if the match became a reality who do you think will win this fight?

Comments

• That would never happen, too much of a size advantage for DLH. Should DLH get past Mayweather he is fighting Cotto in December.

Unless the match is fixed, I do not see DLH beating Mayweather.

• What's De La Hoya's motives for intentionally losing? For money? Thats pretty dumb, specially from the fact that De La Hoya is already the richest boxer of all time! If there was anything that Oscar needed then it would would have been a win against Manny Pacquiao. He already got more than enough money, its the boxing legacy that he needed the most right now.

• On paper it would be a great ($$$) fight, but it will not be possible. Pacquiao weights 130 and De la Hoya was 150 in his last fight. Twenty pounds is a lot in boxing (three divisions). De la Hoya can’t go less than 147 pounds; he is too old for that. Did you see his fight with Forbes? Right now his natural weight is 154. Pacquiao is 5’6”, so it will be really hard to put on another 17 pounds and be the same Manny. In conclusion, if they fight you will not see the same boxers; it will be just their names.

• I've heard the same rumor, myself.... but I think it would be insane for Oscar to want to accept a fight against a guy who started his career as a junior flyweight. I would feel that Oscar should pick on someone of his own size.

Anyway, I don't see that fight happening. I think Oscar will take one of the top welterweight around, whether it be a third match with Mayweather, Cotto or Margarito.

• It's just a rumor. They couldn't possibly fight in December so soon after Oscar's fight with Floyd in September. That's only 3 months after a major fight and not enough time to recoup and then train for another big outting. Lets say it was going to happen. Pacquiao would have to come up to between 147 & 154, too much weight to gain and be healthy at fight time. He's not strong enough to hurt Oscar and would take a beating ... just my opinion.

• No, No, No! I'm so sick of this question. It will not happen. Im order for it to happen, Pacman would have to move all the way up to 147 - a jump that would be too much for him. DLH is over the hill, but would destroy Manny at 147, just like Oscar destroyed Gatti.

• What the.. This will never happen. Pacquiao is going to be real busy doing a movie and stuff. lol.

Dela Hoya? Are you really sure about your sources (rumors)?

• As far as ^ saying thats its not enough time between fights i dont think thats a problem Floyd isnt gonna slug it out with DLH. anyone whos seen a mayweather fight would know that but i would take DLH in a decision but Paquiao would make a fight out of it he keeps busy, but i see him fighting Cotto in December

• Nope sorry your wrong,

Any ways if they fought it would be a dumb fight

Do you remember Gatti vs de la hoya?????

well pac-man is even SMALLER

Oscar will fight floyd then cotto,

What oscar hopes and plans to do is BEAT mayweather,

take his WBC and RING title,

then finish his career by fighting cotto for the WBA title

and be UNDISPUTED welter weight champion, then retire

but it wont go down like that....

What will go down is Mayweather will beat Oscar once agian,

then if oscar still wants to fight cotto, Cotto then will beat oscar.

In July

Cotto will fight magarito for the WBA, IBF title's

IF cotto wins he will be UNIFIED champion

Then in 09' when mayweather and cotto will fight

it will be for the UNDISPUTED champion

WBC, WBA, IBF, RING Titles

• He isn't fighting PacMan. He is fighting Floyd, then Cotto. PacMan isn't jumping that many weight classes.

I could see PacMan giving a fight but DLH beating him.