Is a 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0 si a good fast car?

First of all, I'm asking this question cause a neighbor of mine is selling this car for $500. It's 5 speed, it's clean inside and the exterior is good. It has about 220,000 miles on it. It's in working condition just minor minor problems that he told me and are really easy to fix. I don't really know that much about cars, that's why I'm going to bring in an experienced automotive technician to check if the car is good. But I would like to know:

-the specs for this car

-is it FWD, RWD, or AWD?

-How can I make it fast? People say HP makes it faster and others say torque, can I get an explanation?

-How much for a good Bodykit?

-What's fast engine? Or a good engine that's not expensive, but still fast.

-How much for Paint Job?

-Is it worth all of this? It's my first car.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot of questions, but if you can at least answer these I would really appreciate it! Thank you very much in Advance!!

Comments

• Let's look at this realisticly: this is a 220k mile Honda. No matter how you slice it, it's gonna be worn out. It's front wheel drive, and currently MIGHT make 100 horsepower (if you're lucky). For a first car, it's fine. You're not gonna need something super fast right out of the box. They get good mileage and they at least sound fast. Now, to answer your questions.

1. No telling. Worn drivetrain, so probably significantly lower numbers than factory, around 100 horsepower, even less torque.

2. Front Wheel Drive

3. Buy something else

4. Anywhere from 500-3k, depending on how good you want

5. A newer Vtec from a civic, with a T3/T4 Garrett Turbo kit from Ebay. Ebay Carries a lot of decent parts for Hondas. You've just got to weed through the crap to find it.

6. I've seen nice rattle can jobs done for a few hundred. Otherwise, you'll easily mirror the cost of the car, without adding any value.

7. In my opinion, no. If you want something fast and ridiculous, get a fox body mustang or a 3rd gen Camaro. They can be had for cheap as well and come loaded with more horsepower and sound a lot better! But you'll stop at the gas station more as well.

Hope this helped at all!

• 1989 Honda Prelude

• 89 Honda Prelude

• It is a great car I drive a 1989 CRX with 266xxx miles on it. I just redid some of the motor(Not going to get into detail) and it runs very well I love it.

• For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/2LD0b

I used to have a Prelude '86 model. It was red and I thought I was hot shiit in it. Candy Apple red is the perfect color for the Prelude. You could always call Pimp My Ride and have it tricked out.

• its should 0 to 60 under 3 years.

• your experienced automotive technician can answer all your questions

• paint it a newer color.. liek that purple or the red