do you remember?

"puff the magic dragon"? cant remember when it was on, showing my age now!!, i can remember the theme song though

Comments

• i remember it very well

when i was little, the only way i could fall asleep was by hearing the song. i don't remember when it was on but i know i used to watch it all the time. i actually started to wonder if anyone remembered it had existed

its good to know that I'm not the only one who remembers it.

• There was a movie made called Puff The Magic Dragon which was released in 1978. I got this information from this website;

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_movies/2282-puff-...

Release Year: 1978

Movie Plot:Young Jackie Draper is child who can't communicate with anyone. Into his life comes Puff, the Magic Dragon, who takes the boy to the magical land of Honnah Lee, and the adventure changes young Jackie's life forever.

Based on the hit song by Peter, Paul and Mary, and featuring the voice of Burgess Meredith as Puff, this animated special spawned two sequels (Puff the Magic Dragon in the Land of the Living Lies, Puff and the Incredible Mister Nobody) and was nominated for an Emmy Award.

• Yes, the theme song went "puff the magic dragon lived by the sea" and then there were some more words after that.

• Puff the Magic Dragon Puff, the magic dragon, lived by the sea

And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honalee.

Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff

And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff, oh

Puff, the magic dragon, lived by the sea And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honalee. Puff, the magic dragon, lived by the sea And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honalee.

Together they would travel on boat with billowed sail

Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail

Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er they came

Pirate ships would lower their flags when Puff roared out his

name, oh

CHORUS

A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys

Painted wings and giants's rings make way for other toys.

One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more

And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain

Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.

Without his lifelong friend, Puff could not be brave

So, Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave, oh

CHORUS

i know this is the part you remember, but i used to love this little song, when i was like 5 my babysitter used to sing it to me and my brothers before our naps

"Puff, the Magic Dragon" is a song written by Leonard Lipton and Peter Yarrow and made popular by the group Peter, Paul and Mary in a 1963 recording. The song is so well-known that it has entered American and British pop culture. Puff gets his name because of his magical breath.

so it was a cartoon that started airing in the late 60s and on

• the theme song was the same as the title i believe -puff the magic dragon lived by the sea,in a land called honnalee.lol

• Puff the Magic Dragon was a folk song. Peter Paul and Mary sang it. I guess they did make a movie out of it. Would've been the 60s

PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON"

by Yarrow/Lipton

Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE, Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff and brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff.

Oh, Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE, Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE.

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail, Jackie kept a look out perched on Puff's gigantic tail. Noble Kings and princes would bow whene'er they came, pirate ships would lower their flag when Puff roared out his name.

Oh, Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE, Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE.

A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys painted wings and giant's rings make way for other toys. One grey night it happened Jackie Paper came no more and Puff that Mighty Dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain, Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane. Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave so Puff that Mighty Dragon sadly slipped into his cave.

Oh, Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE, Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called HONALEE

• I don't remember it as a cartoon - just as a song made popular by Peter, Paul and Mary. I remember seeing it used on Captain Kangaroo, though, which would put my particular recollection in the early 60s, which isn't long after the song was recorded.

• puff the magic dragon, lived by the sea

• I remember it. I thought Jack Wild [artful dodger in Oliver was in it]

and Puff was a cartoon character type or maybe i'm getting mixed up with some other programme

• "Puff the magic Dragon, lived by the sea, he frolicked in the Autumn mist, on a land called Galilee"

(summit like that anyway)!! Used to love that programme!!