Braces??? x?

i have to get braces in 9 months & im really annoyed that everyone (guys) will be put off me. I have to wear a head brace at night and i have to have them for 2 years. in 9 months time i'll be nearly 15.

i don't want to have them !!!!

it will really lower my self-confidence.

help??

Comments

• You're not alone as there many people who feel the same way about having braces.

I may be wrong but I'm guessing that you're a bit afraid about having braces. I apologise if I'm incorrect.

I'm sure that you won't be treated any differently when you have braces. Also you only wear the headgear at night. At least you don't have to wear it during the day.

It'll be strange for you in the beginning but in time you'll get used it. There are also celebrities out there who have worn braces.

What matters is that you'll have better teeth and more self-confidence in the end. Sometimes we have to do the things that we don't do just to get anywhere.

I had braces myself in the past and I felt the same way about them. After being fitted with the braces, I thought I was going to be treated differently but I was wrong. I still got treated the same.

I hope everything works out for you. Take care always and good luck with your orthodontic treatment.

• I've recently got my braces and that's what I think guys will think of me too. I've got to wear them for two years but it doesn't take long to get used to it and all I'm thinking about is what they will look like when it gets taken off. I'll have straight teeth and they'll look way better! There are so many people who have had or currently have braces so you won't be classed as some kind of 'weirdo'. No one really cares if you have braces or not really and the outcome is way better!

• I had braces for 2 years as well when I was 14. And I had to wear an expander in the roof of my mouth that all kinds of food got stuck in. It was a little embarrassing but it turned out that it wasn't as big of a deal as i thought it would be.

Now I have amazing teeth and people always comment on them. It's much better to get through the 2 years of braces and have the rest of your life with great teeth. Time will fly by, believe me.

Good luck and don't stress!

• dw about the head brace seeing as you only have to wear it at night, and no one will be put off you because if they did then they'd be losers. I had train track braces for 18 months and then retainers for 2 years and i was fine!! Just think after you'll have wicked teeth that everyone will want! It's worth it believe me!

• i'm 15. i got my braces when i was 12. i just got mine off. trust me, they're not a turn off. everyone for some reason is getting them. lol. ur r very lucky to get them. they will give u a beautiful smile. the time will fly by, trust me. at first u won't like it, but then u won't even notice u have them on. about the head gear, it's true. only ur parents or a friend who stays the night will see them. you will get used to it.

hope i helped. :)

• Oh, trust me, you dont have to worry about that at all. I got braces, and I found out that this guy, no, two off them liked me soon after. They even said I looked cute with them! I got asked out by one a day or so later. Besides, its not like anybody's gonna see besides your family; you only have to wear the gear at night...

• Dont worry! Nobody will see you at night. And so many kids are wearing braces, you are not the only one. Believe me , after a week your friends will not see the braces anymore.

Do wear your head gear at night. It will speed up your treatment.

• just relax, braces aren't that bad. Some guys actually like them, cause they know that your teeth will look really good in a about a year or so, plus, a lot of guys have them too.

• They will pay off in the long run. If you don't get them now, there won't be many guys interested when you are really old enough to date. think about the future, and go through it at an age when many girls your age will be experiencing the same thing.

• I had them for 3 years with the head gear and anything else they give you now I am always complimented on my pretty teeth. Just be patient it will all pay off :)