Decorate car as police car IL/LEGAL?

I have a Mitsubishi car which was once used as a police car. If I put police stickers on the front, side and back, police lights front, back and top, dress myself up as a police officer is it illegal?

I will still obey normal traffic rules, act as a normal non-police officer, not abusing my powers, just want to drive around making the community feel safe.

Update:

If I do get caught, do i have a good chance of being released with a warning in court because I was acting on good intention

Comments

• yes its called impersonation a police officer.

EDIT: it doesn't really matter what your intent is. as defined by the law anyone impersonation an officer of the law, without the right given by the city/county/state/or on a federal level you are acting with ill will. basically meaning that trying to appear as an officer it would give you opportunities that you would not be afforded normally. this is become more focused on in recent years as the accessibility of police related items including uniforms, light bars, and police decals have become much more common and people have impersonated officers to do crimes. this including pulling unsuspecting people and robbing them at gun point and or stealing their car. and at that I promise you when you appear before a judge and tell him/her you did it to be "cool" they will toss you in jail, and or revoke your license.

• ILLEGAL

Once the uniform and decals saying police are appied, one assumes that a police car is there.

That assumption can also lead to trouble for you if someone is on the run and you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and get shot?

• I'm about 98% sure that that is impersonating an officer of the law, and therefore illegal.

• It's best you don't do that it's called impersonating an officer

• Your car would be impounded and maybe crushed. You would be arrested and have to go to court.