How do you get Windows XP onto a computer with Windows 7?

Yes yes Mac lovers, I have windows, AND I want Windows XP!

Anyways, My laptop came with Windows 7, I got it 2 years ago, and I would just like to know how, if there is, a way to downgrade it to Windows XP. I know that Windows 7 is better, but I have some programs that just don't work properally on Windows 7, and I know Windows 7 is the problem. So is there a way other then trying to buy Windows XP and download it onto my laptop?

Thanks

Comments

• Microsoft has not sold XP for three years now. So good look finding a copy.

Before you purchase it, check to see if there are any drivers available for the video card, audio, network card, USB and chipset in your laptop. If the laptop is less than two years old there is a good chance that there are no XP drivers and it will not run on your PC. (Actually it will run, but you will have no sound, no Internet, no USB and only 800x600 256 color video.)

A better solution is to good to Microsoft.com and download their XP Virtual PC. It is a free program (about 1/2 gb in size) that you install on your computer. It then allows you to open a completely functional copy of Windows XP inside of Windows 7. You then install your program(s) within that XP environment, and run it. No need to buy or install Windows XP when Microsoft will GIVE you a copy for free that works with Win 7.

• If you want to run xp programs in windows 7 you can download Microsoft Virtual Pc or xp mode and run xp programs in 7.

OR

Run the program in compatibility mode to windows xp service pack 3(you can do it by right clicking on the program and go to compatibility tab and selecting from the dropdown list)

OR

More than this you want to install xp download the iso file and mount it to cd and boot from cd&dvd and you can install windows xp.

• Only legal way is to buy a copy if you can find one. I recommend you persist with Windows 7.

• nicely your computer would not have 2 stressful drives. in basic terms one stressful tension divided into 2 partitions. in case you prefer to resize a stressful tension you're able to would desire to delete the D tension partition and then resize the C: tension partitions. you're able to would desire to do this in disk supervisor this is a aside of computer administration indoors the administrative kit indoors the administration panel.