I am usa green card holder do I need a passport to drive to canada?

I am usa green card holder do I need a passport to drive to canada? And also my infint baby does she need a passport if she has a usa birth certificate?

Comments

• http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossingborders/index....

For your child:

Land/Sea Travel

Beginning January 31, 2008, the United States will end the practice of accepting oral declarations of citizenship at the border.

U.S. citizens children ages 18 and under will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.

For YOU. You do not need your passport.

Lawful Permanent Residents:

Land/Sea Travel

Lawful permanent residents may continue to present their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card.

• NO.

Lawful Permanent Residents

Air Travel

All travelers including children must present a passport or secure travel document when entering the United States by air.

Land/Sea Travel

Lawful permanent residents may continue to present their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card. More information available at CBP.gov

NO

U.S. Citizens

Air Travel

All U.S. citizens including children must present a passport or secure travel document when entering the United States by air.

Land/Sea Travel

Beginning January 31, 2008, the United States will end the practice of accepting oral declarations of citizenship at the border.

U.S. citizens ages 19 and older must present documentation that proves both identity and citizenship. Identification documents must include a photo, name and date of birth. View the complete list of acceptable documents at CBP.gov.

Children ages 18 and under will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.

The law is scheduled to change soon (no one seems to know exactly when) so it might be advantageous to get a passport for you both.

• yes everyone needs a passport to enter Canada.

• Everyone entering Canada needs a passport. Your child's birth certificate can be used to acquire legal papers for entry to Canada. Or she might be with you in the passport.Some countries do that. Communicate with the nearest Canadian consulate to be sure. Happy trip.

• Any adult going to and from Canada or Mexico will need a passport.

• Yes offcourse