texas chainsaw massacre.....real or fake???

ok i know there are soooo many links that says no it is not real it was based on ed gein blah blah blah..but i have heard from several others who beg to differ..there was in fact a family of cannibalistic murderers in texas and they are just trying to cover it up with the ed gein story..but ed gein was in plainfield wisconsin not texas..i think people are misunderstanding the truth..dont believe everything you read on the net for one..just b/c some typing on the net says it is not real does not mean you have to believe that it is not real..there was a texas chainsaw massacre..it has been covered up..that is what i have been hearing...what do you think??? do you think it is real or fake?? do you think there is more to this movie than writers and directors are saying??? do you think there really was a texas chainsaw massacre??? i am a huge fan of all the tcm's and it seems to real to be fake and based just on ed gein

Update:

see drugs on coutures answer..that is what i have heard too so it has to be real...i am not the only one who has heard this story..tobe hooper was just smart to make money about it and turn it into a movie..who knows..there is probably canabalistic families out there right now who are serving people as bbq and chilli..*cold chills* and just have not been caught onto yet..

BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT SMALL TOWN MOM AND POP RESTAURANTS WHO HAVE GOOD CHILLI AND BBQ!! there are some sick people out there for real!!

Comments

• ok the real story is back in the early 60's late 70's a family in texas would kidnap people and eat them. As we know they were cannibals they killed atleast 60+people. They were never caught.

And yes leatherface is real but he is either dead or in a wheelchair by now.

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre Real

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

texas chainsaw massacre.....real or fake???

ok i know there are soooo many links that says no it is not real it was based on ed gein blah blah blah..but i have heard from several others who beg to differ..there was in fact a family of cannibalistic murderers in texas and they are just trying to cover it up with the ed gein story..but ed gein...

• From Snopes you can find out that Tobe Hooper created the idea of a chain saw killing family with a trip to the hardware store. He then came across the real Ed Gein's story as a character to base his main character on. So some similarities are based loosely on the Gein family and the way he lived but the chain saw part is all Hooper's idea.

No cover up... There were to many people killed and families affected to keep everyone quiet about something like this.

• Yes I have heard those stories too but the people who made the film have always said Ed Gein inspired Leatherface just like he inspired Norman Bates from Psycho

• It's fake hun

According to the documentary AFI's hundred greatest horror movies out there.

The guy who directed and created the movie stated, that when the inspiration for the story hit him. He was simply standing in the middle of a hardware store.

It is entirely fake, but made to seem as real, which was the idea in the first place.

• It was based on 3 different serial killers from different places. Made into a film and presented as a real killer. So no worries it is 3 crazy killers not just one.

• basketcase is really a basketcase. it was a fake story you basketcase.

• I've been told a couple times that it was just some crazy guy the lived in a northern state. Not sure if he actually killed anybody. There was NO chainsaw involved. And the crazy guy spent the rest of his years in a nut house.

• I think this is true.