>>> Is Psycho (1960) Classical Hollywood? <<<?

essay question, 2500 words. need a little help.

could someone please lay out reasons for Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho fitting into the Classical Hollywood paradigm, and reasons for it NOT fitting in.

also, if anyone could explain the Classical Hollywood Paradigm nicely or give me some useful links, that would be very nice!

Thanks!

Update:

Alice! thanks for those rough outlines. do u have any other bullet point style stuff? i have a standard pro's/con's style table going on here. classical hollywood on one side and NOT CH on the other. so far i have linear plot, closure, and vertically integrated on the CH side and Hitchcock's advertising and new cinema scenarios, nudity, not a business venture and horror on the NOT CH side... please, anything u could add would give me a very good base for my essay. i have 3 days to do it! ha!

Comments

• yes it is a classic

• That's a hard question because the film Psycho fits into Classical Hollywood while at the same time it doesn't.

Reasons as to why it does (only a few):

- The famous 'shower scene' has been replicated, used, repeated in how many other films?

- A lot of the techniques used have been the basis and beginning of so many other films, not only including the horror genre.

- So many things have been copied by other movies (directors & shiz)

Reasons as to why it's not:

- Look at Psycho 2, 3 and i think there was a 4th one. That's where Hollywood took over and those movies were apparently "complete rubbish" (quoted by my teacher).

I would help come up with more indepth ones, but this is your essay. Just giving a bit of advice. Just think over it without stressing yourself. It's quite the easy question when you don't think too hard. Good luck :P

• a million. what's your well-liked anime...? >> My favorites replace especially oftentimes, yet on the instant this is extremely Maniac. 2. who's your weigh down or well-liked anime character on your well-liked anime? >> The weigh down may be Hiroki (<3) yet a fave character usual might truthfully be Nina! 3. on your guy or woman opinion, what is going to you do in case you have extensive-unfold that your weigh down anime character or your well-liked anime character has additionally a weigh down on you...if in basic terms anime exist...! >> i might in all probability cover from them plenty...i'm getting aggravating actually. O_o 4. what is going to you do in the journey that your weigh down/fav. anime character... for women: asked you to pass out? >> If it grow to be Hiroki, i might in all probability say specific, after stuttering and blushing for extra or less ten minutes. If it grow to be Nina, i might kindly attempt to describe to her that i don't roll that way. O_O