Do you write database or Database?

Hello guys,

I am not so sure about this English rule. How do you write "database"?. Is it with capital or lower case?

I think it ca be both. If writing with capital it means you are treating the word as a noun.e.g Oracle Database.

If it is with lower case then is just a normal word. eg. My phone directory can be converted into a database.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Generally speaking if Database is the first word in a sentence the D is capitalized. If it's not the first word in a sentence as for example The research required a huge database, the d is in lower case.

Hope this helps

• You only capitalize if it's of importance. Like a company named database should be referred to as Database. If your talking in general like you updated your database. There is no reason to capitalize it.

Even if the database was called (for example) Bento. You don't need to say I updated my Bento Database since Bento is marketed with the sole name Bento.

• reverse phone number search compiles hundreds of millions of phone book records to help locate the owner's name, location, time zone, email and other public information.

Use a reverse phone lookup to:

Get the identity of an unknown caller.

Identify an area code.

Recall the name of a person whose number you wrote down.

Identify an unfamiliar phone number that shows up on your bill.

https://tr.im/721a7

• i write DATABASE