Averie as a girls name?

So I was thinking of naming my daughter "Averie" who is due within the next 2 weeks up to a month. But I couldn't think of a middle name so I decided to try and look one up, but in doing so got discouraged to name her that due to everyone trash talking that name for a girl. So I need help in deciding whether or not to still name her that and if so help with a middle name, but if not than a different name and middle name for her.

btw I have a son named brodie so I thought averie for the girl would go together... Plz help!!

Comments

• I think I prefer the Avery spelling, but it's alright if you like Averie better. I like it for a girl, I can't picture it for a boy.

Averie Elizabeth

Averie Felicity

Averie Genevieve

Averie Mae

Averie Rose

Averie Grace

• Avery is a masculine name so hijacking it makes it seem like you're really upset about getting stuck with a girl.

Deliberately misspelling it shows that you KNOW it's masculine and you think you can fool people into thinking it's a girl's name.

If you want to use a masculine name then be honest and spell it properly instead of condemning her to spell it for the rest of her life.

If you love this fugly name so much, do her a favor and stick it in the middle while using an actual feminine name as the first name.

Kathleen Avery

Michelle Avery

Cosette Avery

Elaine Avery

• I'm not digging it for a girl. Avery is a boy's name, so spelling it Averie wouldn't make it any more of a girl name.

When I hear Brodie and Averie I can't help but think: "two brothers" (with bad spellings, I'm very sorry, but I just don't like altered spellings in any kind of way).

I think it's a bad idea, but at the end of the day it's your choice really, so go ahead. ;)

• Firstly Averie is gorgeous! (I personally prefer the spelling Avery but each to their own).

You should name your daughter whatever you please, never mind what other people say. If you like it then that's all that matters!

Brodie and Averie sound good together as well.

Some possible middle names:

Piper

Esme

Rosalie

Harriet

Ella

Sadie

Elsa

Veronica

Ruby

Marie

Jocelyn

Lily

Louise

But you could always middle name her something to do with your family...?

Best of luck for the following weeks!

• I prefer Avery

• Avery is a boy name. Misspelling it doesn't change anything... Its be harsh and silly on a girl. Also, when I see that spelling I think of the word ovaries.

• Avery is for boys , But the spelling "Averie" is kind of cute for a girl

Middle Names :

Averie Avril

Averie Elizabeth

Averie Sabrina

Averie Lynne

Averie Ann

Averie Mckinley

:)

• Baby Name Averie

• Averie is a really nice and un common name which I'm sure your daughter will love in the future

• I think you should name your daughter whatever you want, and not care what everyone thinks.

Also, I think its pretty I think averie may sounds pretty