Why do ppl hate emos so much??

What possible reason could you have for hating someone who has never hurt you but rather hurts themselves?? Why?? They hurt themselves for reasons all there own and ppl just think they are exagerating there problems! Who has the right to judge others?? I know some ppl who cut themselves and ive talked to them about it! Most of those ppl do it becuase they have really nothing! There have been abandoned and let down time after time! There lives could really not get any worse! Now I say most because I have met those who cut themselves for attention and those are the morons who I could care less about!

One other thing. By emo, I dont mean the emo scene! Not the ones who dress all dark and stuff like that. Those are just ppl fallowing a look and a scene and dont understand what they are doing. I mean the ppl who do it in secret and dont try to let the world know what they are feeling and hide there scars and dont put them out in the open.

Update:

Another thing. I am not an emo wanting to know why my kind is hated. I am just a guy asking a question.

Comments

• True, it's pointless to hate someone simply because of their style. It's more about lack of respect than hate.

Emo can often seem pretentious or an overdramatic cry for help:

"I think about death, therefore I am such a deep and sensitive person. Omg, no one could possibly ever understand me, no one has ever gone through what I am going through. I had a bad day, therefore the only possible option for such a deep and sensitive person such as myself is cutting or suicide."

That is what annoys non-emos and cause them to scorn emos. They don't draw the same lines that you do between "real" emos and imitator emos.

Besides, any adult with any experience in life knows that the self-destructive urges of teenagers, even if well-hidden, are hardly harmless or worthy of respect. Sympathy, yes, but respect, no. Deliberately hurting yourself, hiding your pain, and refusing to ask for any help or support is irrational, counter-productive, and eventually stupid.

So I agree that angst-ridden emos and cutters need sympathy and support instead of ridicule and hate - but people are allowed to call foolish behavior for what it is.

• "know some ppl who cut themselves and ive talked to them about it! Most of those ppl do it because they have really nothing! There have been abandoned and let down time after time! There lives could really not get any worse! "

-Um, if they are a white suburban kid in the US, they just like to pretend they have nothing, or the equate daddy not loaning them the Jeep for the night as abandonment. Trust me, their lives could get a whole lot worse. Things can always get worse, as far as I am concerned.

"I mean the ppl who do it in secret and dont try to let the world know what they are feeling and hide there scars and dont put them out in the open."

-This sounds more like clinical depression. (They should probably seek professional help.)

This person is not an example of an EMO, they have serious issues with depression.

• I dont hate emo females, merely emo boys. Emo females are so a approaches most of the maximum popular looking females ive ever seen. Emo boys are way too metro, and sag tight denims, i recommend damn that seems paradoxal. maximum folk have confidence that emo little ones are emo merely for the scene, quite because of the fact everybody else is doing it form of element. i do no longer in my opinion think of emos decrease for a reason different than it fairly is cool to them. slicing was once a extreme paintings, and emos took it and grew to become it right into a damaging emotional outlet. it fairly is why I hate them, emo boys besides.

• Because emo kids don't just hurt themselves, they do hurt others, emotionally. They are drama-whores and are hellbent on ruining everyone elses lives. Many stereotypes also don't like being called emo.

- Scene (Called emo the most often. Scene kids straighten their hair, have a modern style and are rowdy party kids.

- Indie

- Goth

- Punk

- Skater

are all stereotypes that get called emo.

Emo kids don't ******* shower and they are a pathetic waste of space that think cutting themselves is cool. They deserve to die.

• honsestly, we don't care.. it's just that you become anoying, cause you EmO's keep asking the same damm question!! lol