Depressed over "phantom" pregnancy ?

I'm a 16 year old female. When I was 13, I lost my virginity. Since then, I have not had sex. We only did it once and I had a pregnancy scare. I took two pregnancy tests a few weeks after the sex and they both turned out as negative. I was so scared in case I was pregnant, but at the same time I was disappointed when the test came back negative. Now, I think to myself,"My baby would have been 2 and a half". I didn't really like the guy I slept with. All I want is a baby because I constantly see young people with children and they look so happy. Am I dwelling on my "phantom" baby too much? Is this normal?

Comments

• Okay you seem to of misinterpreted what a phantom pregnancy is.

You didn't have a phantom pregnancy you didn't Have any pregnancy.

A phantom pregnancy is not when someone has a slight pregnancy scare, it's when a woman's body actually believes she is pregnant. Causing symtoms a baby bump and sometimes even a birth like experience but with no baby.

Thinking to yourself 'my baby would be two and a half' is ridiculous because there never was a baby. If you had a miscarriage or abortion then that would be a different story all together.

I'm glad you have refrained from having sex, you are not emotionally mature enough for it.

• not all young people with babies are happy. they may have a happy appearance in public or their social media pictures but it is HELL raising a baby while you're young. im just a few years older than you. when i was about your age, i was helping my mom raise my baby brother and believe me, it was extremely tiring. and i was only helping out. i've been through a couple of pregnancy scares as well. you may be a bit sad but you will be happy you don't have a baby now. sweetie, you're life if just beginning. you have the rest high school and college to do through. wait til you're the right age to have a baby. you'll have a great job, a loving husband, and a beautiful baby. it'll really be worth it in the end:)

until then, be careful and use protection

• It is normal at your age, honey, to want a baby, since you are growing up and your hormones are changing so much, but you should talk to people who are or were your age, who got pregnant and what they are experiencing now and what they went through when they became pregnant. And talk to someone at Planned Parenthood tell them what you are thinking, and they can give you some counseling on how you are feeling and they will also tell you that what you are feeling is totally normal and that you are not alone in how you are feeling.

After all of that, you will feel much more educated and better to make a decision on when you want a child.

You are totally normal :-)

(((hugs)))♥♥♥

• Im 16 now and me and my bf have been trying for a by and everytime i get a negative test i feel really disapointed we really want a baby right now so i know how ur feeling and dont listen to people who say its not normal or its just a phase or it wud have been really hard.you will meet someone u wonna have a baby with one day :) on the other hand if u wonna baby just hook up with someone lol.

• Girl you are 16! I have 3 friends who were teen moms. As much as they love their kids they wished they would have waited. Two of the mothers don't have the father around to help because the guys thought they didn't have to take responsibility because they were so young. One of my friends is 20 working 2 jobs because **** is tough being a teen mom. All three dropped out of high school. Go to highschool get your diploma go to college and experience being a teen. Enjoy life! And stop having unprotected sex! Condoms are free at planned parenthood and birth control is cheap! Be glad you don't have a kid!

• Aw sweetie. It's still too young to have a kid! Wait till you are older alright. ;) I know having a kid is really nice and a big turn over in your life, but I think you should wait :)