Does Australian Army reserves give you extra atar points for HSC?

I am currently studying in year 11 and I am thinking of joining the army reserves next year as a part time job. However I am worried about the job taking too much time, do they in anyway compensate for the time?

Update:

Thanks guys. I just thought it will take too much time. Since it's only a weekend per month its alright then.

Comments

• This bog cleaner guy has best answers fort military questions but in most cases has been massively incorrect. No it does not give you extra ATAR points but you can add it into your uni application once you're qualified. Being a fully qualified Infantry Soldier at Private rank is equivalent to a Cert II in Government. After you complete promotion courses and obtain rank you will be qualified at a Cert III level up to Corporal. SGT and beyond obtains further certificates and diploma's depending on the Corps you select to join. Anything else but Infantry and Engineers and you may as well not call yourself a soldier!

Bog GFYS!

You're a lid! You tell war stories of recruit training. You know nothing if you think that is not how they're abbreviated.

You have to be a 2IC before you're a section commander. Are you still sitting at Watsonia doing your IET course? If so I've got a mate down there on a course, might get him to have some words with you.

• Extra Atar Points

• Too much time? You think one weekend a month + a month of basic training is too much? Why not just get a job at Kmart while you're at school?

EDIT: Mitch, you say you're a "Section 2IC, Section Commander." You realise they're two different things, and you've abbreviated them wrong?