Adam Dunn Traded To Diamondbacks ?

Will this effect the Reds? Will these help the Diamondbacks? Adam Dunn's contract was up so they traded him to Diamondbacks. The trade deadline isn't till August 31 2008 so don't let people tell you the deadline past. I think this will effect the Red because they don't have anyone now but Brandon Phillips (hitters) and pitchers are

1) Johnny Quto

2) Aron Harang

3) Edison Volquez

Those pitchers are the only great pitchers on the Reds. Diamondbacks have a home run leader which will help them produce some more runs in a game.

Comments

• The Reds were sellers this year and they did their job

and the Trade Deadline WAS July 31st..The Waiver deadline is August 31st. two different things, look it up.

this was a good pickup by the Dbacks because that extra power bat will help them in the run in september, and the Reds got alot of yound talent they need to develop and work on for next year..they played seller this year so they can compete in their tough NL Central next year

• People seem to forget that they have Bruce and Votto up now...both will be really good middle of the lineup hitters. Dunn was a waste of money, and he wasn't going to be resigned. His defense and K rate were not worth the money he was making. He should have been traded years ago. They Reds have a good farm system, and trade only adds a little extra depth.

Votto and Bruce will both be 30+ HR guys, and we already know Phillips is a top tier player...and all are YOUNG. Even Edwin is young and has been improving. The Reds will be a better team in the end, and be in contention in the coming years. Volqueze, Cueto, Harang and even Bailey should be fine...not counting all the talent in their minor league pool.

The Diamondbacks did what they had to do...add a slugger to counter the Manny move... I don't see them resigning Dunn, but it's possible. I'd imagine he'll play the FA market and find a team willing to overpay him again.

• The Reds couldn't afford to resign Dunn in the off-season so they might as well get something out of it. 3 minor league prospects will help. You are in trouble if you consider Harang a stud pitcher-- 3-12 this season with a +5 era. The Reds are done this season and need to plan for the future. This trade will help them in the long run. Better to get 3 prospects now for Dunn than nothing in the off-season.

• The Reds have thrown in the towel for the next few years. Trading Dunn was a bad idea, especially since they basically got nothing in return. They really don't have anything now that other teams will want, so they will be losing for a while.

• Buzz Jockmaster take er undemanding.....we as lazy individuals will basically seem for the information that's good in front people. And as a avid yahoo answerer familiar people will ask the comparable question 10 distinctive techniques. Its as much as us to verify which one to respond to. are you able to think of in case you had to scroll by way of 35 pages to discover yet another comparable question to respond to? it would take perpetually....breathe pal its o.k.. BTW the respond is waivers..

• Yell i live n springfield. Aint been a reds fan since the origanels left.

you no the big red machins. I dont give a dang about the reds now, good players gone. To me they suck big time. Ill never go to another reds game. waste of time n money. i wouldnt give 2 dollars to c them

• hey buddy, its JULY 31st and reds are fine b.c Edison Volques is a beast and he'll carry the team