traffic from Mass to NYC?

I only have one day to spend in NYC. I plan on leaving Worcester, MA area at 7:30 AM. What can I expect for traffic/travel time?

Also..we were told to go to Murray Hill , park there, then take subway to see sights. Not sure where to go from there though. Any suggestions??

Comments

• It should be 3.5 to 4 hrs tops driving time. Park in Astoria Queens on a city street for free and take the subway ,,either the g or r trains into Manhattan. Maybe a 10 minute train ride. Then see the Empire State building,,,,Go to the Staten Island ferry (r train to South Ferry) for a free ride across NY harbor, (round trip free of course) with spectacular views of the Statue Of Liberty and NY Skyline. Stop at the South Street Seaport for a bite to eat then visit Wall Street ....Nice buildings down in that part of NYC. Then its on up to the Brooklyn Bridge,,,,walk across to the other side and its a fun walk... Then visit Chinatown while you are back on the Manhattan side.... Little Italy is also nearby ,,,although it is very small nowadays,,,maybe only 2 or 3 blocks. Catch some dinner down there. Then take a cab ride back to the car maybe a 15 dollar cab ride. Parking in Queens will save you the aggravation of NYC driving and when you get ready to head back you will already be out of the city. Good Luck