Regular gas in a premium car??

I recently bought a 2002 acura MDX and I have already filled the gas tank TWICE with regular gas... AFTER I filled it the second time, I noticed that it says in the manual to use premium gas...I'm kind of worried here.... I will use premium in the future but is my two tanks of regular gas going to hurt the engine?..... It says it could cause engine damage...

Comments

• A few tanks of regular won't hurt a thing. In fact if you check the book again if it says premium is recommended you can use regular forever without doing any damage although it will cost a few horsepower, nothing you will notice in everyday day driving. The engine computer will recognize that you are using regular and adjust the engine automatically. If it says premium is required then by all means use a higher octane than regular. You should try mid grade first and listen for pinging when you accelerate. If you don't hear any pinging you can continue to safely use mid grade. If you hear pinging then use only premium.

In more than 90% of the cars on the road using anything other than regular is a complete waste of money.

• you ought to use conventional gas, except you're in an more advantageous altitude. the knock sensor will retard the engine timing and the vehicle will run effective. my spouse had an 02 eclipse 6cyl, I placed 87 octane in it, it ran effective. I did placed a gas injector cleanser each and every oil substitute simply by fact stupid mitsubishi desperate to no longer placed a gas clear out inline. yet you would be effective working 87. while you are going to race the vehicle, then run the top rate.

• regular gas will not hurt it,,the computer know it and retards the timing to protect it..you will get less power and less miles per gallon than with the fuel engine was built for

• No, you're okay; Just don't use reg. gas again. I use premium gas in everything I own; Cars, boat motorcycle, and even my lawnmower. I have been a mechanic for over 50 years !

• no its not enough to cause major damage if you used it longer it just produces more carbon deposits that premium fuel doesnt because of better processing.