A good moisturizer?

Does anyone know of a good moisturizer? I used Neutragena Oil Free, right now. In the winter my skin gets dry, yet oily .. and in the summer its oily too. Even the oil free moisturizers seem to make my face oily. If this helps I also use Retin A Micro once a day (at night) and in the morning I wash my face with a Neutragene face wash. After I wash my face its dry and 2 minutes later its oily in spots but it has a dry feeling to it and it gets flaky and I have to wind up layering up on the moisturizer.

Any help would be great!

Oh, and what would you recommend on getting rid of scars (on your face?) the Retin A Micro has lightened them dramtically, but im still self-concience. I see the Dermatologist in the spring. I heard using Mederma?

Thanks again!

10 points to best answer

Update:

oh, and could you say the prices? sorry I forgot to mention that lolll itsokay if you dont know, I'm going to look them all up anyway.

Thanks!

Comments

• Yes, combination skin is HORRIBLE and I have it too! The best thing I have learned to do is to use a one step cleanser - it will tone and moisturize on top of cleaning. I have tried Laura Mercier's as well as Philosophy's Purity. They are both pretty good but Laura Mercier's is slightly better but also more pricey.

Then, I use a very light moisturizer for day with an SPF 15 on my face and mostly on the drier areas of my skin so my face doesn't get out of control oily during the day. Kiehl's makes a pretty good one for this and its very reasonably priced.

At night, I use a cream - I use Hope in a Jar right now by Philosophy but have found that it's overrated and not the greatest product - especially for the price.

Mederma is really great, but I haven't heard of people putting it on thier face. If you are worried about redness and really light scars - I have used Aveeno's clear complextion. I comes in a long green tube, and I have found that it actually works pretty well for mild cases.

• I think that the Neutragena is too strong for you. Just as proactiv is too strong for some. I just told someone about Principal Secret. They do not claim they are for acne. Still I have heard many people whom had acne and used it, and now they don't. You shouldn't be stripping all the oil from your face and that is what those products do. Then, in turn, your face generates oil where it is too dry. Any how, sometimes, it is best to use the products you are using occasionally, not constantly. I really think you should try the Principal Secret and watch how it changes your skin. You have nothing to lose either because she gives you a 60 day bottom of the jar guarantee! You can find her thru QVC or her own club online. She has every thing you need for a great complexion. I rarely wear make-up and have been asked what I wear and when I told them I didn't have anything on they couldn't believe it! If I put on foundation now, it's because I am in my 40's and still only put it on my nose.

As for scars, I told one of my pals about tea tree oil, how it stops a pimple from even appearing if you put it on in time. He had old acne scars and he figured what the heck, he used it and it healed his old scars and now has a smooth clear complexion. Even I wouldn't have believed the results he had. He couldn't thank me enough for telling him about the stuff.

Good luck to you. Believe me, I do not work for the company, but I still can't help spreading how well it works for me. I have tried many a product and Principal Secret is where I always end up staying.

• The retin A may be making your skin flake and your face wash may be stripping the oils in your skin and causing the oils to come up more right after.. I love hope in a jar moisturizer from philosophy but everyone is different. See your dermatologist about a good skin care regimen for your skin. I also use Mederma on my stretch marks which does make them less noticeable but doesn't make them go away, it may work for what you need it for though :) Again, I would ask your dr! good luck, I'm sure you look great now though!

• Eucerin Calming Creme is great for dry skin, especially if your skin also gets flaky/itchy. I've noticed that it's quite anti-inflammitory as well. You can buy it at a drug store of supermarket. It's about $10 for a giant bottle, and it lasts forever if you only use it on your face.

Udderly Smooth was originaly used as a moisturizer for cow's udders, but recently people have found out it works wonders on human skin. I have a jar and I agree--it doesn't make my skin feel oily, but it helps dryness a lot. They have it at CVS, so I assume other drug stores would carry it as well. It's is about $4 for a can.

For scars, I like Vitamin E oil. You can buy it at any health food store, but I get mine from K-Mart. Just get some on your fingertips and rub it into your skin where the scar is, I do this and it helps reduce the appearence of scars. It costs about $3 for a bottle.

Hope that helps!

• If i were you i'd get a second opinion about Retin A. I had a tiny bit of acne on my chin and the dermatologist told me to use Retin A and it really irritated and messed up my skin. My skin became very red and sensitive after using that stuff.

I use cetaphil as a moisturizer and that's pretty good stuff. Oil of olay is also good.

• Bio oil for the scars and try wiping your face with witch hazel twice a day to minimize oil and shine.

• Sounds like u have combination skin, normal to oily.

Do not think Neutrogena suits your skin type.

Should change your face wash to a soap free gel based cleanser as soon as possible.

For combination skin like yours, you will need a 50% water base and 50% oil-base moisturiser.

There are plenty of brands out there to choose from.

I dunno which country you are in, so its hard to recommend a specific brand as you might not be able to find it there.

• A good mositurizer for this problem is made by Philosophy.......and is called Hope in a jar!! You can see a full line of Philosophy at QVC.com.

• sam here. i use to use apricot face wash but it drys yur face so i wash mah face wit dove `n out on cocoa butter 2 help heal acne. it may mak yur face feel oily but it doesnt lok lik it. yu can also help by keepin yur hair out yur face.

• Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is only 10 dollars at the store.

it is awesome! i suggest it to everyone who asks me this question and everyone loves it.

Here is what it looks like in the store: http://images.dermstore.com/catalog/100036/300x300...

I hope I helped :)!