Pointe Shoe Problem!?

I wear Capezio Plié II Pointe shoes with a hard shank. Now, I find that the shank wears out to quickly for me (once every 3 months and my mom isn't happy about that). Im thinking of changing shoes but I've no clue what else to get! I've tried a lot of shoes, from Gaynor to Russian to Grishko, not every model of each one, but I've tried some. Nothing seems right! I adore Gaynors but I can't wear them because it has a tapered box. I've tried Russian Pointe Polletts but I hated them.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Perhaps you should tell mom that pointe shoes, are only made to dance in for 12-20 hours and if you are getting three months out of them that is great. While Gaynor Mindens last about twice as long if they don't work for you that is no good. The longer you dance en pointe becoming a stronger dancer, the shorter time your pointe shoes will last.

I do suggest that you get two pair and alternate as letting them dry out fully between wearings will make them last longer. Especially if you dance two days in a row. Never store them in a closed bag with no air like a ballet bag as that makes them break down quicker. Use a net bag. You can also use Jet glue to reinforce the shank and box to get a bit more life out of them. Last tip is to gently break your shoes in by hand in the correct places as letting your foot do it completely can have them break in incorrectly and shorten the life of your shoe. Here is a video on how to do that correctly if you don't do that already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX-PNqJr9z4

* As everyone's foot is different, different shoes break in differently on different people. What last longer for one dancer may not do that for another.

• once every 3 months is actually kind of a long time. Pointe shoes aren't really meant to last that long anyways. However, I guess that depends on how much training you get in a week. To make your pointe shoes last longer you should use jet glue in the tips or in the arches, depending on where your shoes normally die/wear out. Also, I would recommend taking your shoes out of your bag at night when you get home from the studio. This gives them the chance to air out and not deteriorate faster. Not to mention, it doesn't make your whole dance bag smell when you take them out. I keep my shoes in a mesh capezio bag, which makes them not only easier to find during class, but it helps slow down the process in which shoes die.

I would recommend the bloch european balance in the hard shank. I believe that they are somewhat less expensive than the capezio as well. Now I am wearing russian pointe Bravos. I looked at a picture of the plie 2's and it seems like they work very well on wider feet. I also looked at some of the dancers who wear them that also have wide feet. I don't know if your feet are broad across the metatarsal area, but if they are the bloch's are a good choice. I wore them and I loved them especially because they have a wide platform. They have extra cushioning in the tips and they have a narrow heel. The normal shank dies too early on me, but I also take 5 pointe classes a week. So the hard shank is a great alternative.

• I have this problem too. I wear grishko pro elites with a hard shank and I go through a pair every couple months. I highly recommend grishko and they do last longer. (I wore Bloch before I switched to grishko and I noticed a huge difference in the way they wore). I hope that helps!

• I believe the recommendations above me. in case you opt for a distinctive type seem for shoes that have an excellent field seem the place your feet might pass. you could in simple terms seem at categories and notice that some are greater narrow than others. solid success! For the arch difficulty, i do no longer understand regarding the type indexed earlier me, yet i understand that Leo supplies a chop up sole pointe shoe that makes demi pointe much less annoying and makes it much less annoying to point your foot. in spite of the certainty that I think of maximum folk does no longer advise those for long term use, they are spectacular for a final minute overall performance in case you haven't any longer have been given time to interrupt in a shoe.