HOW DO I DRESS THIS DOWN?

I'm wearing the dress in the picture below to a party on Saturday, but the party is at a low-key bar, and not that fancy (I still love the dress though.)

What can I do to dress it down a bit? I'm already going to wear it with black stockings (since it's freezing here.) Should I wear a black cardigan with a skinny belt above my waist?

Here's the dress;

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/ImAmaliaBede...

Any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• The dress is super cute and a red cardigan would be cool also. Tights and low heeled boots or booties would complete the look.. ohh the belt would also be a good choice just like Elle stated :)

• That dress is lovely! I don't think it's too fancy. It's fairly plain so it would be great to wear to the party. I think a black cardigan would blend in too well with the dress though :( Perhaps a different colour cardigan e.g. red or a royal blue. The stockings and belt are a good idea, they would make the outfit look more casual

• It really depends on how long the cardigan is... a lengthy one would look better than a waist cardigan and the lengthy one also looks better with the belted look... if i were to wear this dress, i would definitely wear a blazer with it ..black blazer works!

• You should try a lighter coloured cardigan instead of all black, Definitely wear a belt with it, Latest fashion is to wear the belt round you're belt round the unbutton cardi and dress, i think it looks good!

Have fun! :)

• i haven't looked at the picture yet but it sounds like a pretty dark, plain colored dress.... try adding a splash of bright color like purple, blue, lime green etc...... i think it would dress it down a bit

and keep the belt around the waist that would help too and look really good!!!

• i would wear flats with the dress minus the nail polish and let my hair down i think u look very kim kardashian in that dress sexy and tight love it