ASPCA Murder.?

I hear the ASPCA kills animals after a certain time period. I'd like to know how long do they live for while in the shelter & how they kill them.

Comments

• ASPCA is different than local SPCAs which are usually animal shelters. The ASPCA does not kill animals.

SPCAs and Humane Societys usually do euthanize if they are unable to place the animal in a home. This is why more people need to get shelter animals instead of buying from pet stores and breeders.

The length of time varies based on the location - you would need to contact the particular SPCA to find out what their timeframe is.

• Sadly, yes. Animals are euthanized because of health problems (so that the animal doesn't have a long, painful life) and because of overpopulation. This is why it's important for animals to be spayed and neutered. There is no time limit for how long they live at a shelter until they are euthanized. It all depends on the amount of animals coming in. I think they euthanize animals by putting some sort of tube into their mouth or giving them some sort of medicine so that they fall asleep and die. I'm not really sure but I know that it's definitely not in a cruel way.

• usually they will give the animal a shot to put it to sleep like it is going under surgery. then after they are asleep they will give it a second shot which stops it heart completely.

Depending on the vet they may only give it one shot, the one that stops the heart.

the euthanasia is very humane.

• http://www.la-spca.org/education/faq_euthanasia.ht...

That site is just for LA, but I hope it helps!