how much do braces cost nowdays?

and about how long do you have to wear them?....

Comments

• It depends. I had a whole thing done to me, I had a paelte expander then braces, I had braces for about 4 years and the cost was 5,500 but this included all visits i might need with him.

Also got teeth pulled and had to wait for that to shift/close.

• i got braces about three days ago

so im pro at this

ive got 18 months with the braces, and then another 12 months with the retainer.

but i just had crooked teeth.

If you're geting teeth pulled it may be longer

also, it cost up 650 upfront, and each time i go to the dentist from now onwards it will cost us 750. all up its about 5000.

• Price varies on what you need done, as does time. Most people wear them for about 2 years, I have friends that wore them for 4 years. (This is from getting braces one, I've been going to the ortho for six years though... getting teeth pulled, getting my jaw expanded, etc. Not everyone needs this though.)The interesting thing is that my teeth were more crooked (er?) than my friends teeth.

Find an ortho and get an appointment and they'll do an evaluation.

• I got braces almost about 2 years ago. I think it depends on where you go and how serious your teeth are. But mine costed about 4 thousand.

• omg, my full thing was like 5,000 bucks but that is for every little dealio

i had to wear four brackets way back in fifth grade for two years

got em off....forgot to wear retainer (which is a couple hundred in itself)

and then i had to get a full set for the rest of my slow a ss teeth...currently have had them for a year and a half :(

won't get them off until my last two ******* teeth come in !!!

and then i have a retainer (right now i have rubber bands)

UGH!!!!!!

i want them off for my HS grad!

• When I was in middle school my braces were about $3k and I had them on fr 2 years.

• I've had my braces for about 3 months.There costing me 5,650 but I have gaps between most of my teeth.Mine are staying on for 22 months.I guess it varies depending on your teeth.

• it really depends how bad your teeth are lol. i was supposed to have mine for 3 years but mine moved quickly too so i had them for 2 years i think. mine cost about $5000 but i had plates before that to expand the teeth so all in all it was about $7000 dollars.

• I think it varies based on how drastically your teeth need to move- same for the time, but I'd guess anywhere from one to two and a half years.

• I have them now. The total bill for me I think was like 4,000 dollars but if you need to know anything else check out....

http://www.braces.org/