Does dog poop kill grass?????????????

My bird just died and for Christmas I get a dog. But my dad doesn't want it to poop on the grass because he think it will kitt the grass.

Comments

• No, poop does not kill grass, but pee will. They have stuff at Petsmart you can give your dog to neutralize his urine so it won't kill the grass.

• It depends on the dog, the grass, the fertilizer, the weather, etc. If you have an excess of nitrogen, it can kill grasses that are already fertilized or are of a susceptible variety.

The best thing is to make a dog run or carve out an area around the grass and cover it with bark mulch or similar ground cover. Take your dog out on leash and keep him off the grass unless supervised. If he has an accident, just pick it up and hose it down. Put some water on it to dilute it asap.

Dogs can get used to using bark mulch and you can wash it off and pick up poop without killing anything. You can add more as needed by keeping a couple of bags in the garage.

You should get used to picking it up immediately. That will keep everyone happy including the dog. Female dogs tend to pee in the same spot which can kill the lawn while male dogs can kill some bushes and other landscaping when they spray vertical surfaces. You just have to try various things (including a nice hose down for plants) and see how they work.

Just let your dad know that you understand the problems and know easy solutions to fix all of them.

• No it wont kill the grass, I know on guy that sprays the dog feces into the grass, I prefer to pick up and throw away.

A female dog will make the grass die in the center and a nice green ring where the urine wasn't as concentrated. I have heard that there are pills to give the dog for this but some acid neutralizer poured on the grass will fix this. I care less about my yard because I care more about my dogs.

• No the dogs poop will not kill the grass. One question where did ur dad get the idea that it would kill the grass becz cow poop is fertilizer and cow poop is basically like anyother poop. Good Luck.

• Mom's dog has pooped in the yard for ages... The grass is still there...

Poop is fertilizer. You shouldn't leave it laying on the grass, though. It will attract houseflies that will get into your house and be pests.

Collect the poo and add it to a compost heap. When the compost breaks down, it will be uniform of consistency and a wonderful soil ammendment that will make plants healthy and strong.

• Not necessarily.Poop is a natural fertilizer.... but URINE definitely burns and kills the grass. When you get the dog, train him to go in ONE particular place, preferably where no one will care or see if the grass gets killed. Or, don't tell your dad about the urine!! Good luck. Sorry about your bird. :(

• Keep your dog in your own yard from now on and watch out for your neighbor. Sounds like he's beyond talking to. Document everything he does to you (video tape, etc.). Depending on the enzymes in the feces or urine, it will kill the grass. It's a myth that it's only female urine, or that the feces will fertilize your grass. It all depends on the dog. Clean it up anyway...you wouldn't want to step in it, and you'd be pretty upset if it was from someone else's dog and you had to clean it up!

• Dog poop doesn't kill the grass.. Unless you leave big piles all over the place and never clean it up.

If the dog can't poop on the grass.. where is he going to go??

• Your father is right. For everyone saying no you don't know what your talking about. Every time my dog poos in the backyard after picking the poo up the grass turns brown and dies at that spot.

• no, but pee does, so make sure the dog eats green grass pills you can get them from the vet, or dog stores

just incase your dad still doesnt want it to poop, pick up the poop as soon as he does his/her duty