Marriage Proposal...funny or not?

There were these two elderly people living in a Florida old age home.

He was a widower and she a widow. They had known one another for

a number of years.

Now, one evening, there was a community supper in the big activity center.

These two were at the same table, across from one another. As the meal

went on, he made a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered up

his courage to ask her, "Will you marry me?"

After some 'careful consideration,' she answered, "Yes, I will."

The meal ended and with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to

their respective rooms. Next morning, he was troubled. "Did she say 'yes'

or

did she say 'no'?" He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not

recall.Not even a faint memory. When he tried to see her, he found that

she had gone to visit her daughter.

With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her. First, he

explained to her that his memory was not as good as it used to be. Then

he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a

little more courage, he then inquired of her, "When I asked if you would

marry me, did you say 'Yes' or did you say 'No'?"

He was delighted to hear her say, "Why, I said, 'Yes, I will' and I meant

it with all my heart." Then she continued, "And I am so glad that you

called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me."

Comments

• not bad. just to jocking

• See, the concern with the "Well, a brother and sister dwelling co-dependently might benefit from the identical advantages" signifies that no 2 immediately men and women have *ever* abused the wedding procedure after they were not in a romantic dating. But a sibling couple doing so might nonetheless be legally "married"; they might no longer then, in flip, be allowed to marry someone they have been honestly romantically taken with with out dissolving that partnership, with the entire authorized disorders a divorce can intent. I imply, I consider if a brother/sister pair (or brother/brother or sister/sister, have been homosexual marriage authorized) desired to go into right into a lifelong, non-romantic authorized partnership, definite, they might conceivably call for they be granted marriage rights. But such partnerships might be as a substitute few and some distance among, as I consider the social stigma of traumatic you be allowed to marry your sister might regularly suppress that organization. A extra pertinent query might be on easy methods to manage the quantity of members in a wedding. If marriage is spread out from in which it's now, then there is the query approximately whether or not polyamorous unions must be legally identified. And if we then extended marriage to permit, say, four participants, then what approximately polygamists who think socially ostracized considering the fact that they've a five-manner dating? Polygamists and brothers in need of to marry their sisters, nevertheless, represent a tiny, tiny fraction of American society. Homosexuals, at the same time nonetheless a minority, quantity some distance larger. Opening up marriage to identical-intercourse couples, I suppose, is a solution to provide those romantic pairings the identical authorized rights which are presently loved by way of an identical partnerships, at the same time minimizing the difference to the total procedure. Sure, the "slippery slope" argument can nonetheless be implemented, however simply considering the fact that starting up marriage to homosexuals could open up a higher can of worms doesn't suggest it's not a well and proper factor to do.

• Hahaha. I like it. 10/10

• id give it a 6/10. 7/10 i guess

• I did enjoy this. A good one!

Thanks for the laughs.

• This was funny and cute, but more funny cause I hope I don't end up like that!!! FUNNY!!! Star for you!

• Very good ha ha

• yeah its really funny! Did you make that up?

• I like it and it's more to truth than you would think.

• Cute. I like it.