new huffy cruiser with wheel drag, coaster brake problem?

help! just bought it, assembled at the store. huffy 26 inch cranbrook ladies cruiser with coaster brake. when i ride it, if i pedal, when the back tire finishes a revolution, there is a screech sound and it slows down like its rubbing against the frame. i looked and it seems not to be rubbing on anything. it acts like i have the brake on, (it is braked by pedaling backwards.), but i dont have the brake on. any idea what's wrong? thank you

Comments

• When you put your weight on the bike, the bike acts differently than if you spin the wheel freely in the air. Check to see if a brake is dragging. Also make sure your rims are true and not all bent out of shape. Make sure tire are properly inflated and that the tires are all tucked in into the rim.

I agree with the other poster that this is one of the pitfalls of buying a department store bike. They are cheap and they don't even work very great when they are new.

• Well as others have said because you bought your bike at a department store you got some 16 year old kid who's good with a screw driver put your bike together.

Honestly the best thing to do would be to return the bike and go to your local bike shop and fork over $200-300 for a good bike that won't cause you any issues.

If you don't want to do this at least take the bike to your local bike shop and pay them the $40-50 it will cost for a tune up on the bike and let them not only fix the brake on the bike but also check the rest of the bike over to make sure there is nothing else wrong with the bike.

I have personally seen the fork (the front part of a bike that the wheel attaches too) put on backwards from a department store.

• They make a sprint element observed as a squeeler on the brake pads and you're meant to pay interest on your motor vehicle and while it starts off to squeal in many situations you may desire to alter the pads. Now that its grinding you have went previous the pads being worn ane you may desire to alter the brake pads and probibly rotors ASAP earlier you do anymore harm! stable luck!

• You bought a department store bike assembled by a department store employee. You got what you paid for. Return it.