How can I do a system restore after upgrade from Vista to Windows 7?

I got the free upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 after I bought my laptop. Now my laptop needs a total system restore, will that bring it back to Vista? If so, how can I reinstall without the Windows 7 disc (because I can't find it)?

Update:

I want to keep Windows 7, and I've heard that it will revert to Vista.

Comments

• no it wont system restore back to a restore point you set in vista. vista is a completely different operating system from windows 7. that would be like moving from win7 to ios and trying to system restore to a point you set in win7. its not going to reinstall the previous op system im sorry

• "System Restore" is a relatively minor repair. System Repair and System Recover are big deals. "Total system restore" is not definitive, but it sounds like your system has the ability to revert to the original condition - Vista.

Can you borrow a Windows 7 upgrade disc? Magic Jelly Bean should read your current Setup Key so you can reactivate 7.

• No, unfortunatly you're no longer able to restoration returned to living house windows Vista applying living house windows 7 equipment restoration. you're no longer able to do this because of actuality that the equipment restoration gadget can basically restoration issues of that modern working equipment. in case you prefer to bypass returned to living house windows Vista you'll want your equipment restoration disc that your computing gadget got here with, the restoration disc you made, or the living house windows Vista disc itself.