PowerPoint & Video Dilemma!?

When I add video on Mac to PowerPoint, it plays on mac but doesnt play on Windows. But when I add video from Windows to PowerPoint, it plays on both. Need help because I don't have access to Windows all the time to create presentations but need to play it on Windows.

Comments

• Are you using the same videos in the presentations? If not, check the file types of the videos you're using. The Mac might be using a proprietary file type (a file type usually found on Macs like Quicktime, MOV) that your Windows machine can't decompress (a fancy way of saying "doesn't have the codecs for":-). and can only play in a Quicktime Player.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to check the file type of the videos you're using with the Macs:-( Hover the cursor on a file and see if the name and file extension displays.

If you need to change the file type, you'll have to convert it to a file type that you can use on both Macs and Windows. WMV should work but you should make a short, practice PowerPoint Show and see if it will display when played using a Windows computer. A lot depends on what codecs a computer has installed on it.

Your main problem will be finding a Quicktime MOV converter for Macs. I googled for links but most of them convert files TO Quicktime not the other way around.

• PowerPoint 2010 and PowerPoint 2013 can play all the same file formats as your Mac, but only if the free Apple QuickTime ( from Apple at http://apple.com/quicktime) has already been installed on the PC.

Older versions of PowerPoint for Windows can not play modern movie or sound files. To make a presentation compatible with older versions of PowerPoint for Windows you have to convert your movie files to uncompressed .avi and the sound files to .wav file format. Then you have to insert these format files into your presentation to replace the regular ones you normally use.