Is Ash's Pikachu a Male or Female?

First, some people say that there is evidence that Pikachu's a boy, as it was apparently "revealed" in Diamond and Pearl when a Togepi used attract on Pikachu, and it worked. But the thing is...the Togepi was never revealed to be male and female, so this does not help at all. What if Pikachu's a female, and the Togepi was a male? Second, people say that male Pikachus have flat tails, whereas females have inverted tails. This was not the case way before that "rule" even came out! All Pikachus have flat tails. Have you ever seen a Pikachu with an inverted tail in the TV series? No, you haven't! Third, Pikachu acts just like a mom. Pikachu seems to be showing signs of motherly instincts and female hormones. It always wants to protect it's friends, no matter what. Also, it goes crazy and gets irritable at random times, just like human females. Fourth, Buneary has a crush on Pikachu. Some people say that this obviously means Pikachu is male, yet it has never been revealed that Buneary is male or female. This does not help at all, either. And last, but not least, fifth. People say that it is a male because it is strong. This is completely sexist. as being strong does not seperate a male from female. So, what do you think? What is YOUR evidence?

Update:

Okay, I'm sure people got confused between "Sexist" and "Science". There's a difference, you know. Saying Pikachu "goes crazy and gets irritable at times"...I'm pretty sure it's all the females getting triggered. Heh, I'm a female, and I'm not even getting triggered! :P Check here...this is where I got almost all of the information: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/pokemon/articles/65236...

Comments